Wednesday, January 21, 2015

No Time for Joking Around - Get to Class



Not sure who it is, but it’s one of you – I think, is having fun with me. When you visit my office you will see the window static lights running across the trim of the giant window. These window statics are in two parts … the colorful oval shape for the light bulb a black square for the part that is screwed in. Recently, someone has been relocating the black parts just off to the left of the light bulbs. First it was just one light then recently it was two lights. Are you having fun with my OCD? For the record - I’m not above super-gluing them in place!

On to other stuff.  
Let’s get pumped for a great spring semester. Say it with me …
I am going to have great semester.
I will do my best.
I will go to all my classes.
I will ask for help.

Senior News

http://www.registrar.vt.edu/graduation/undergraduate/commencement/index.html

Dates and Times:

Guest Limits and Tickets:

  • There are no guests’ limits or tickets required for the University Ceremony. Most departmental and college ceremonies do not require tickets or have a guest limit. Please contact your department to verify.

Diplomas:

  • Diplomas are distributed at the college/departmental ceremonies on Saturday.

Accommodations for Guests:

Excusing Yourself from Commencement:

  • If you are planning on not attending the University Ceremony: No notification is necessary if you are not planning on attending the University Ceremony. Diplomas are not distributed at the University Ceremony.
  • If you are planning on not attending your departmental ceremony: you may excuse yourself and arrange to receive your diploma via mail.

Multiple Degree Candidates:

  • If you are receiving more than one degree and are only able to attend one of your college/department ceremonies, please e-mail the Office of the University Registrar to indicate which you will be attending. The Office of the University Registrar can arrange for all of your diplomas to be at the ceremony you are attending.
Important Dates
Monday, Jan 26 – Last Day to Add a Class
Monday, Mar 2 – Last Day to Drop

Helpful Tools
Please, please use the services provided free of charge by the Student Success Center.The following are some of the free workshops being offered:

Time Management:  January 21 1:00 – 2:00 pm, January 26 2:00 – 3:00 pm, March 4 6:00 – 7:00 pm, March 27 12:30 – 1:30 pm, or April 23 6:00 – 7:00 pm

Apps for Academic Success: February 4 4:00 – 5:00 pm, March 23 2:00 – 3:00 pm, or April 17 12:30 – 1:30 pm

Test-Taking: The 3 Steps to Success:  February 2 2:00 – 3:00 pm, February 11 4:00 – 5:00 pm, April 3 12:30 – 1:30 pm, or April 16 6:00 – 7:00 pm

Random 
Butterflies taste with their hind feet.

Words To Live By
If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it. - Muhammad Ali

Sandbox


My Schedule 
Scheduled meeting times are available 10-11:45 & 1:30-415. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.