Monday, November 2, 2015

Brick Wall

Do you ever feel like you are banging your head on a brick wall and nothing is improving?  This is exactly how I feel, trying and trying to help, banging my head on the brick wall but the situation will not change. But I have to try. I cannot give up. So I continue to bang my head in hopes that something will give.

I’ve decided that I cannot give up and my head hurts! I have to find a new approach. Dig in my heels, be stronger than the problem and find a new way to make it work. Because it just has to. Because head on hasn’t been working, I need to change my approach. Like the tight end on a football team, I’ve decided to take on problem from the ground up … tackle the problem from the bottom.  At least we won’t be bumping heads anymore!

Am I talking in code? No not really. I have a problem that keeps coming up and I keep taking care of it the same way I always have. And just like clockwork, it keeps coming back up. Maybe it’s time I stop taking care of it the same old way.

If you keep studying for tests the same old way and keep getting the same old grades maybe you should do what I’m doing … change your way of tackling the problem.

OPEN HOUSE
This Saturday the Foundry will host an Open House from 10-2. Be there!
Be there in long pants and close toed shoes.

Senior News
Proofs of your senior portraits are in. Please stop by my office to pick yours up.
Run your DARs.

MEPS NEWS
Nucor, is coming to campus on Nov 3rd and would like the chance to meet you! They are hosting a pizza info session at 8pm in MCB 113.
Please RSVP by Tuesday at 8am if you plan to come so they know how much pizza to buy.

Important Dates
November 7 – Foundry Open House
November 20 – Last Day to Reschedule Final Exam
November 21 – Thanksgiving Break Begins
November 28 – Spring Add/Drop Opens
November 29 – Thanksgiving Break Ends
December 9 – Last Day to Withdraw … SEE ME FIRST

Helpful Tools
Over the past weeks several of you have been commenting about the need for a study group in several classes. Ok, let’s make it happen. Please complete the simple survey if you are interested in a study group for a MSE related class.  https://survey.vt.edu/survey/entry.jsp?id=1446496179990

Random
8% of people have an extra rib.

Words to Live By

Sandbox



My Schedule 
Scheduled meeting times are available 9:30-11:30 & 1:30-4:30. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.