Thursday, February 25, 2016

Can a fish climb a tree?

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. – Albert Einstein

Do you guys know I’m dyslexic? I am and I’m not ashamed of it. I was diagnosed when I was around 8. I was diagnosed was because my teacher told my mom I was stupid (maybe not those exact words). The doctor that diagnosed me told my mother, “You are lucky. The dyslexia is slowing her down to our level. If she didn’t have it she would be driving all of us crazy.”

I tell you this because many of you are being judged at career fairs the same way this 2nd grade teacher judge me … based on a test score or GPA. Don’t let those fools judge you because of a number. You are more than that. You are the best there is. Your GPA is a reflection of who you were back then, it has nothing to do with what you are capable of tomorrow.

Senior News
Are you graduating? Not if your requirements are unmet … Run your DARs to check.

Important Dates
February 29: Last day to drop a class (check with me first)
March 5: Spring Break
March 22: Fall Course Request Open (required meetings)
March 29: Fall Course Request Closes

Helpful Tools

Spring is around the corner. So is job and internship interview season. Get your interview skills up to par with a mock interview at Career Services. http://www.career.vt.edu/Interviewing/PracticeInterviews.html

Random
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

Words to Live By
“If you're not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I'd rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%.” - Will Smith

Sandbox




My Schedule   
Scheduled meeting times are available 9:30-11:30 & 1:30-4:30. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.