Tuesday, October 18, 2016

If I Can Do It ...

Just yesterday I was helping one of your classmates with a spring schedule. Before doing so, I asked about the current semester. Your classmate admitted that a test score could have been better. We discussed study methods and admittedly your colleague procrastinates and just doesn’t do it. To which I responded that I fully understand, “just this morning I should have gone to the gym, but didn’t.”  I cannot expect you guys to get over your procrastination if I don’t get over mine! So this morning at 5:30 A.M. I dragged my lazy bum out of bed and took the dogs for a mile walk.

It hurt but it was good for me. Now that it’s done I’m excited to go again tomorrow.

Course Request / Required Meeting
You are so fortunate to have me as an adviser – why you ask? Because I want to meet each and every one of you to review your plans for the spring. Unless you are graduating in December we need to have a chat.  :) First option is to schedule a meeting. Second option is to attend after-hours-advising on Wednesday (10/19) or Monday (10/24). 

To schedule a meeting please use your Google calendar, on the left side of your calendar you will see a drop down option to view other people’s calendars. There you can search for mine.  Once you open my calendar you can select a meeting date & time. 

After-hours-advising will be walk-in, first-come-first-served starting at 5pm & you must be signed in by 6pm. 

Please note that the Advising Office will close at 2pm on Thursday (10/20). 

Senior News
Run your DARs.

If you are still looking for employment opportunities, I strongly encourage you to check out the Search Tools & Resources at Career and Professional Development.

Important Dates
10/18-25 – Course Request
11/18 – Last day to reschedule final exam 
11/19-27 – Thanksgiving Break
11/26 – Spring Add/Drop Opens

Words to Live By  
Waiting to develop courage is just another form of procrastination. The most successful people take action while they’re afraid!  – Unknown

Helpful Tools
10 Phrases that don’t belong in your cover letter

This Day in History
10/18/1931 Thomas Edison died at the age of 84. 

Random 
Every person has a unique tongue print.

Sandbox