Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Going AWOL

You guys should know by now, that I care for each and every one of you. You’re like my office children! I look after you; I give you advice (which sometimes falls on deaf ears). I push you, I encourage you, I celebrate your successes, and help you through the difficult times. I do all of this because I believe in your ability to succeed.

My children at home don’t think I really work – they think I just talk to people all day!

When you guys go away in the summer I spend my time thinking about ways I can help you even more. I try to find ways to reach all of you. Only half of you read the blog – so I spend my time thinking of ways to reach the other half. Additionally, I try to find ways to help everyone succeed academically. Again, I believe in your ability to succeed.

So it is going to be hard, but I am going to take a long overdue, well deserved break. When I leave the office on Thursday I am on vacation until Monday, November 28. When I leave the office I am taking work email off my phone. As much as I want to help you all succeed, I need to spend some time relaxing and enjoying the wonders of Disney World.  If you need anything from me – please get it taken care of by Thursday 5 pm.

Words to Live By 
Just because you took longer than others, doesn’t mean you failed. – anonymous

Senior News
Senior pictures are in. Tomorrow is the last day to pick your picture for the composite.

Important Dates
11/18 – Last day to reschedule final exam (look at your exam schedules now)
11/19-27 – Thanksgiving Break
11/26 – Spring Add/Drop Opens

Helpful Tools
Random 
Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.

Sandbox
My Schedule
To schedule a meeting please use your Google calendar, on the left side of your calendar you will see a drop down option to view other people’s calendars. There you can search for mine.  Once you open my calendar you can select a meeting date & time.