Friday, April 8, 2016

Go To Class

This morning I had the opportunity to visit Dr. Corcoran’s class. I was expecting to see 75 bright and happy faces but to my surprise there were maybe 20 people in the class. When I asked where everyone was I was shocked to learn that “this is it for a Friday.”  Where are you people? This is your education and you cannot get it if you don’t show up. 

Someone is paying for your education. Real money. It might be you; it might be your parents, or a benefactor. But someone is paying real money. By not taking advantage of this opportunity, you are disrespecting that person.

I just did the math. For an instate student taking 15 credit hours, each class is $29.73. While doing this math I talked with a student who at best guess indicated he missed 30 classes. That’s $891.79 ($2,080.64 for out of state). Real money, people! This is not chump change.


Senior News
Please ask your parents to RSVP to the Graduation Reception invitation.


Important Dates
April 15 – Exam Rescheduling Deadline
April 16 – Fall Add/Drop
May 4 – Last day to Course Withdraw
May 5 – Reading Day
May 6 – Exams Begin


Helpful Tools
Several MSE students have 4 exams in 2 days. Please watch your email for an announcement about alternate times.


Random
Today is National Empanada Day.
(I did not plan this, but my family is having homemade empanadas for dinner tonight.)


Words to Live By
“So many things are possible just as long as you don’t know they’re impossible.” —Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth


Sandbox


My Schedule 
Scheduled meeting times are available 9:30-11:30 & 1:30-4:30. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.