Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tips for This Week



This is an exciting week for everyone with CAMEO and the Spring Connection Job Fair. Sorry I cannot be there to encourage you all on.

A few tips – breath mints, firm hand shake, know the 3 things you can say about yourself (say them now) and the business card tip. Remember those and you should be fine. 

The business card tip. For those that don’t know, my tip. After you speak to someone and get their card make a note on the back of the card about what you discussed with that person. This way, when you contact them later you can mention the conversation you had with them and bring them back to YOU. Do not tell me or yourself that you will remember who is who – at the end of the day you will have several cards and not know the sky from the blue ocean. Take a second and make a small note on the back of the card.

My Schedule 
My knee is healing better than expected. I fully anticipate being back in the office on Monday. (If I’m not in the office it’s because I went crazy at home not being allowed to do anything but keep ice on my knee.)

Scheduled meeting times are available 10-11:45 & 1:30-415. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.

Senior News
Please ask that your parents RSVP to me for the Graduation Reception with the number of guest in your group.

Important Dates
2/24, Tues – Spring Connection Job Fair
2/26, Thur – CAMEO, Engineering CareerFest
3/2, Monday – Last Day to Drop – check with me first
3/2, Monday – Last Day to change grade option to P/F – check with me first
3/18, Wed - CEIP Orientation; how to find co‑ops, internships & other experience

Helpful Tools
Apply for all jobs – yes, all jobs.

Random 
It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

Ut Prosim  / Words To Live By / Ted Talk
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Sandbox