Friday, March 17, 2017

Water

Yesterday I did my favorite thing - course request meetings. I love it. I get to meet with you guys one-on-one and chat about what is going on with you. What you love about your classes, see how I can help, encourage you, and help you map our plans for next semester.  In helping you guys, I forgot to take care of myself and got dehydrated.

At first, I didn’t think anything of it. Thought I just needed a large glass of water and I would be ok. But that wasn’t enough. I was so dehydrated that the effects went well into the night. My neck hurt, I was so fatigued I couldn’t make dinner. I also couldn’t make the cupcakes I was going to make for today. Sorry.

This morning I did a little research about dehydration. Let’s just say that dehydration can really mess up your day, studies, and wellbeing! 

I hope every is using CPD or Career & Professional Development when writing a resume or cover letter. In case you decide to go it alone, please use these 10 tips

random FACT: 
Only 9% of the Irish population are natural redheads.
MEPS NEWS
On Thursday, March 23 MEPS is having the easiest fund raiser ever. All you have to do is go to Souvlaki for dinner between 5 – 9. At least 15% of all food sales will be donated to MEPS.  See you there.
Important Dates
Mar 21: Fall Course Request Opens

Mar 28: Fall Course Request Closes

Apr 14: Exam Rescheduling Deadline

Senior News
Have you made your appointment with Dr. Clark yet?

Have you RSVPed for the graduation reception? 
Sandbox
Glass Of Milk, Anyone?


Our mailing address is:
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Advising Office
460 Old Turner Street,
142 Randolph Hall, MC 0286
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp