Monday, March 30, 2015

Back To The Gym For Me

As everyone knows, I stopped going to the gym back in November after I hurt my knee. During the time before my surgery I was not myself, physically or emotionally. I realize it was just a knee but I felt incomplete in a way because I wasn’t myself. I didn’t feel me because I couldn’t do the things I normally did.

Recently, I saw this video (https://youtu.be/GL5WB-1lmnU) about this dog that was born with deformed front legs. This video immediately made me examine how I felt about myself. This puppy just wants to play and enjoy. This puppy doesn’t left his disability stop him. Why was I letting my temporary knee pain impact me?

Then I saw this video (https://youtu.be/uRmoowIN8aY) that kicked my as*. I have no excuse. I need to stop making excuses and get to work. When you want something don’t make excuses – go and get it.

The Easter Bunny stopped by the Advising Office over the weekend. When you stop by pick out your Easter Egg. 

Reminder that I will be holding after-hour advising tonight from 5-7 – you must be signed in by 6:30. 

TIME TABLE UPDATE
Dr. Corcoran has changed MSE 3114 from on-line to in person. This is a one hour help session. 

Senior News
Half of you still need to ask your parents to RSVP to the Graduation Reception, please & thank you.

Send me your pictures. Now Please.

Run your DARS.

Friday I received the proof of the 2015 Senior Composite. Stop by and take a look if you would like.

Important Dates
3/31: Last Day of Fall Course Request, required meeting time
4/17: Last day to reschedule final exams
4/18: Fall Add/Drop opens
5/6: Last Day to Withdraw – see me first

Helpful Tools
As spring has sprung the weather will soon change – maybe, we hope.  When it does, you will be tempted to skip class to bask in the sunshine. Don’t do this. Do not skip class because it’s nice outside. Do not skip class because you don’t feel like getting out of bed. Do not skip class because it’s windy outside.  Do not skip.

Not only are you losing the educational experience that you are here to gain but you are losing financially.


“Beware: those who wasted time in college are 3x more likely to be unemployed and 2x more likely to live with their parents than successful students.”

Random 

Words To Live By & Sandbox
Find your cookie.  
My Schedule 
Scheduled meeting times are available 10-11:45 & 1:30-415. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.