Monday, April 6, 2015

I'm not growing up & you can't make me!



We are all adults here right, to some degree or another.  I think we can agree on that. Well, that is, until your grandmother hands you an Easter basket and says there are eggs hidden in the yard. --- Why my mother didn’t give me an Easter basket is the real question. I am after all, her favorite daughter. Maybe next year she will give me a basket then my sons won’t take the eggs I find out of my jacket pockets.  And no, I didn’t cheat – I just happened to see where she put the last few eggs. Honestly, it’s her fault! She should have hidden them before we pulled up to the house.

Ok, lots to cover this week. This is a very busy weekend and we need volunteers; lots of volunteers.  This weekend we have Hokie Focus, the foundry open house and The Big Event. MSE Ambassadors should be helping at Hokie Focus & everyone else needs to help where and when they can for either the foundry open house &/or The Big Event.
  • Go here to sign up for the Foundry &/or Hokie Focus
  • Go here to sign up for the Big Event

Senior News
I have received pictures from Paige, Maria, Daniel H, Sam and Stephanie. I need pictures from everyone else.

Please check your university account and make sure you don’t have a balance due – would hate to have your diploma held up because of a parking ticket.

Important Dates
This weekend: Hokie Focus, Foundry Open House, The Big Event
Monday, April 13: COE Open House
Friday, April 17: Last day to reschedule final exams – look at your exam schedule NOW
Saturday, April, 18: Fall Add/Drop opens
Wednesday, May 6: Last Day to Withdraw see me first

Helpful Tools
Making it Through the Final Stretch: Are you stressed out over all the exams, papers, and group projects that will soon be taking up your time? Learn how to stay motivated, manage the stress, and find the time to do all of the things you need (plus some time for fun!). We will also review strategies for effective test taking.

Workshops available on: April 27 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm, April 29 from 4:00 – 5:00 pm & May 1 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm


Random 
There is a man in Sweden who received disability benefits for his “addiction” to heavy metal. He reportedly went to 300 concerts in one year which left him unable to hold down a job.

Words To Live By
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again. - Og Mandino

Sandbox
 

My Schedule 
Scheduled meeting times are available 10-11:30 & 1:30-4. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.