Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday Blog is Better than No Blog



So, yes, the blog is a day late - for good reason. I was in a foul place yesterday and you guys didn’t deserve to be on the receiving end of that. Things are going to be better today. After all, I am in charge of how I feel.

With the end of the term quickly approaching many of you are skipping important aspects of daily living to get things done. Please do not deprive yourself of sleep or food. Depriving yourself of these basics can only lead to disaster.

On Thursday from 5:30-6:30 in 221 Randolph there will be a public session with Blacksburg Transit to discuss the changes in the bus routes and services changes that will be implemented this summer. As you, the VT student body, make up the vast majority of the BT passengers it would be wise that you make your voices heard.

MEPS News
Make plans now for the Annual MEPS Spring Potluck on Wednesday, May 6 from 4 -7pm at the Blacksburg Municipal Park, shelter 3.  End the term with friends, laughter, games & good times …. Ultimate Frisbee, scavenger hunt, cam jam, corn hole, & capture the flag.

Senior News
The fabulous news is very one has RSVPed for the graduation reception. Now if the following would please send me pictures for the slide show I’m putting together for you: Antonelli, Barbieri, Conlon, DeSilva, Erb, Gallagher, Huling, Hyres, Kirk, Knudsen, Lichtman, Rittenhouse, Roman, Rost, Taylor, & Seay.

Important Dates
Wednesday, May 6: Last Day to Withdraw & Last Day of Classes
Thursday, May 7: Last Chance to Read Everything You Should Have Already Read
Friday, May 8 – Wednesday, May 13: Exams
Friday, May 15: University Commencement
Saturday, May 16: College of Engineering Graduation & MSE Reception

Helpful Tools
Last week I shared with you the FISH Philosophy and that this was how I have chosen to approach not only my work by my life. Today I am sharing one last nugget – The Starfish Story.

You may have heard this story before. But read it again. This time, keep in mind all the things I do for you, not as a group but as a person, as an individual.

I share this with you only because I want you to understand, The FISH Philosophy and Starfish Story are two methods I have chosen to guide my day and my life. These two mantras fit who I am and the person I inspire to be every day. 

As I said last week, you are about to step out into this big giant unruly world. Once there you will have to choose for yourself how to live your life. Choose wisely.

Random 



Ut Prosim  / Words To Live By / Ted Talk
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

Sandbox


My Schedule 
Scheduled meeting times are available 10-11:45 & 1:30-415. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.