Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Better Today



After a long weekend of Hokie Focus and then a really long day of Engineering Open House, I was fit-to-be-tied yesterday when I left campus. Let’s just say, I was not one to be reckoned with and the poor innocent elderly lady at the post office learned this the hard way.  I don’t want to dwell on the details, but she mumbled under about my actions and I responded to her mumbles. Was she correct? Was I rude? Was she over demanding of politeness or respect of a complete stranger? Was I not showing politeness or respect to a stranger? 

The answers to all of these questions are based on your interpretation of the event. Regardless, I should have been the bigger person and not responded the way I did. I shouldn’t have responded to her passive aggressive mumblings. I failed at being a good person at the post office yesterday because I let this stranger (who means nothing to me) provoke me.

I will do better today. As I’ve always told you guys, you only have to be better than the person you were yesterday.

MEPS News
Bake Sale meeting on Wednesday @ 8pm in 114 Holden Hall. If you are interested in help or baking but cannot attend the meeting please contact Evan @ evan1012@vt.edu.

Senior News
PICTURES ARE DUE.

Important Dates
Friday, April 17: Last day to reschedule final exams – look at your exam schedule NOW
Saturday, April, 18: Fall Add/Drop opens
Wednesday, May 6: Last Day to Withdraw see me first

Helpful Tools

Recently research has proven that taking notes by hand forces you to actively listen and decide what’s important. Additionally, it has demonstrated that students that take notes on their laptop perform more poorly in classes and rate themselves as less satisfied with their college educations.

 

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/4/5776804/note-taking-by-hand-versus-laptop

 

Random 

Words To Live By
"Be so good they can't ignore you."—Steve Martin

Sandbox
 

My Schedule 
Scheduled meeting times are available 10-11:45 & 1:30-415. To schedule a meeting please log into your Scholar account.